or a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
The purpose of the Usher Ministry is to glorify God by serving the needs and comforts of the congregation. Usher will also facilitate decency and order during each service. Our Usher Ministry will welcome all members and guest with a loving smile as they enter the sanctuary.
Ushers are kind and courteous. Here at C.C.O.C., we want people to experience the love of God. Ushers try not to draw attention to themselves or any one in the congregation. We desire an atmosphere where everyone can praise and worship God, while feeling relaxed and safe.
- To serve the people.
- To seat the member and guest.
- To assist in collecting the offering.
- To prepare communion.
- Assist the congregation during altar prayer.
- Handle distractions during service.
- Ensure the service flows in decency and order.